Thursday, October 4, 2012

Worry

I have a confession. I worry. I worry about things that I have no control over. It's a really hard habit to break. Since getting pregnant I find myself worrying about a whole new bag of issues. Will my baby be healthy? Will I be a good parent? Will she be a good person? I'm sure most of this is normal but I am really trying not to worry so much, it causes unneeded stress and wrinkles.

I feel guilty for worrying so much because I know the God wants me to leave all of the worrying to him. I printed out a couple of bible verses that I have put up in my office. I look at them frequently throughout the day and it really helps. I feel more at peace.  I don't worry as much.

1 Peter 5:6-7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

Matt 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I hope that this helps some of you worriers out there too!
Jess

1 comment:

  1. Praying for peace for you. Im a worrier as well. it makes me wonder how people with out God make it through.

    ReplyDelete