Thursday, October 25, 2012

What's Happening?

We are getting way cooler weather today and I am loving it! It feels like Fall is finally here and I hope to stay. I am so ready for the cold weather.

We went to the Prepared Childbirth class at the hospital that we will be delivering at over the weekend. I will be honest and tell you that I was kind of dreading it because it was an all day class on a Saturday. Hunter is actually the one that kept saying that we really needed to go and it would be one Saturday out of our lives. Bless him. He has been being the positive one around our house lately...for the most part. ha! Anyways...we went and we both thought that it was so good. It was kind of brief on each topic that was presented only because we only had one day. But we really didn't get bored and the day went by so fast. There was sooooo much information and it was all useful. It kind of made me more nervous about delivery but kind of calmed my nerves at the same time. I know that makes no sense at all, ha! At the end of the class we went on a tour of the Labor and Delivery wing of the hospital and it was nice to actually get to see where we would be. The hospital that we will be at is so nice and they practice 24 hour rooming-in. So the baby will stay in my room as much as I want her to be there, 24 hours a day if I want. They also offer food vouchers for spouses while they are staying with the moms, and apparently they have won all kinds of awards for their food there. Yay! I love food!

I am so glad that we went. The next class that we are signed up for is How to care for a Newborn, I have a feeling  that will be just as useful! ha!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment