Thursday, October 18, 2012

Stocking the Freezer


So I'm a planner. With that being said, I have been thinking about how are lives are going to be so different once Baby is here. It kind of freaks me out that I can't plant out the details, but I CAN plan out what we will eat in those first few weeks. I have been reading about post-partum recovery and things to expect. One thing that keeps coming up is being so tired that the last thing on your mind is cooking dinner. I really don't want us to live on fast food and pizza so I have made a list of things that I can make ahead and freeze. I tried to think of things that would be really easy to just heat up and maybe add a fresh veggie or salad. Translation:things that would be eash for Hunter to prepare. ha!  Any tips on what freezes well or really anything about freezing meals would be awesome!

 Here is what I have on my list for now:

1.  Meatballs

2.  Casseroles:

-Lasagna

-Chicken Spaghetti

-Baked Ziti

       3. Soups:

-Taco Soup

-Chicken Noodle

-Potato

-Tomato

-Corn Chowder

       4. Sloppy Joe

       5. Beans

       6. Meatloaf Minis

       7. Muffins

       8. Cookie Dough

       9. Breakfast Burritos     

       10. Beef and Bean Burritos

       11. Salsa Chicken for Tacos
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment