Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It was bound to happen


Remember this?
That was back when my bike and I were friends. After this weekend we are no longer that close. ha! Hunter and I decided to go out on a ride on Sunday morning. We went to a trail that I had been on once before. It was definitely hard for me, but I made it through unharmed. It is really close to our house, so we decided to go back to that one. I did a lot better this time and I was really getting the hang of it, when a huge rock appeared out of nowhere-and of course I hit it. I lost control and flew over my handlebars into the trees. ouch! ha! Sometime mid-air, I caught a handlebar in the neck.
For some reason every time I have a big crash or fall like that (and yes it happens often) I get right up to make sure that I'm not bleeding or hurt. Hunter turned around and saw what happened and came back to where I was. We made sure that I wasn't too hurt and I got back on the saddle and finished the ride. I was really ok, other than some bruises, until Monday morning when I could hardly get out of bed because I was so sore! ha!

Needless to say...I realized that I should probably stay on the weenie trails for a while.

Much Love,
Jess

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I feel your pain. I once did that same thing...I hit one of those cement things you park against and flew over the handlebars right in front of a park full of people. Totally embarrasing. And painful. :-) I'm glad you're ok!

    ReplyDelete