Monday, April 4, 2011

road trip 2011

Is it just me or does it take you a week to get back into your normal routine after a vacation. I feel like I need a vacation to recover from my vacation! ha! We had a great time on our road trip last week, but I have to say that I am glad we are back home. I spent the weekend catching up on laundry and cleaning...I'm such a blast, I know. Anyways,we
left last Friday and drove to Amarillo for the night. We woke up on Saturday and drove to SantaFe where we stayed the night with some friends. We got there around noon and immediately parked it on the patio and settled in for some cocktails and an afternoon sitting in the sun. It was great, except the sunburn that I later realized was a lot worse than originally thought...oops. That night we went out to a great little restaurant for my birthday.

They had over 300 different margaritas...now that's hard core. ha! Sunday morning we all woke up not feeling our best so we went to a place down the street that served all organic and vegan food, a cleansing more or less. Hunter ordered coconut water, and they brought the whole coconut!

After breakfast we drove to our final destination...Denver, CO. Hunter's brother lives there so we spent the week with him.

Monday we walked around downtown Denver and did some shopping. Our hotel was right in the middle of everything, so it was nice to be able to walk everywhere. We don't really do that too often here in Texas, so my tootsies were wore out by the end of the day! Tuesday we drove to Keystone mountain and spent the day skiing.

Hunter and his brother are great skiiers...me, not so much. But I made it. They were so awesome and patient with me. They would ski down to the bottom of each hill and stop and wait for me. At one point I looked over and I was "skiing" next to a ski school of about 12 six year olds. I heard the instructor yell out "french fries, not pizza!" I looked down and sure enough, I was doing pizza! So I rode with them down the hill and got what I could from the instructor. At some point we made eye contact and I kind of shrugged and he laughed at me! ha! I made it through the day only falling a few times and no injuries! I was so sore on Wednesday that I did not think that I was going to be ableto get up! ha! Wednesday Hunter's brother took us to an outdoor amphitheater called Red Rocks.

It was way amazing. I think we climbed 3,456,234 stairs. I only thought I was sore that morning! I DID NOT make it through Wednesday without any injuries. I climbed up on these rocks for a picture and leaned back a little hard and hit my head....hard!

Thursday morning we woke up really early and started our drive home. We had a blast, but there's no place like home!

Much Love,
Jess

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful road trip! I am very envious that you got to go skiing, it looks like you had a great time (too funny that you joined in with the ski school!) Do you enjoy skiing?

    ReplyDelete