Monday, April 11, 2011

Grow Your Own

It seems like I've been hearing a lot about growing your own vegetables lately. I don't know if it's because it's that time of year or because we are becoming more conscious. Whatever it is, I'm itching to jump on the band waggon. I'm hesitant right now because we have our house on the market and I don't want to do all the work and then have to leave. So for right now I enjoy Hunter's mom's garden. She is a Master Gardener and last Fall she started to grow vegetables. I love going over there every couple of weeks to see how everything has grown!



White potatoes, Red potatoes, and my favorite...Yukon Gold!

Herbs, Herbs, and more Herbs
Strawberries!


Can you see the tiny tomatoes? So cute!

I think this one is going to be a yellow pepper

Dewey went with us to see her dogs. They had a blast chasing each other!

He had to stay on one side of the fence and he could see us...he hated it! He kept crying!

At least I know once we get moved and I start my own vegetable garden, I have a seasoned gardener to help me get started!

Happy Monday!
Jess

2 comments:

  1. I've been tossing around the idea of a garden, too. I think I'm going to have to wait until next summer, though, cuz I've got too much on my plate already for this summer. I love the idea of the raised beds...like in your photos. I would think it'd be easier to weed them and you could seperate them according to what you have in them. One of these days I'm going to do that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo I so want to garden!!! I want a garden so bad!

    ReplyDelete