Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend Rewind

We had a great weekend! I had an event at work on Saturday morning, Dog Days of Summer, and it was HOT! We had a good turn out, I wish we would have had more people come but I'm sure they were staying inside! Saturday afternoon we went out to the site of the new house we are building. I have really said much about it on my blog just for the sheer fact that we have to sell our house in time in order for everything to work out in our favor, that's all I will say about that. ;) After we checked out things at the new house, we went over to a friend's house for a good 'ol summer BBQ! They happen to live right down the street from where we are planning to move, it will be so great once we actually get there, again hoping that everything works in our favor. One of the people that they invited to the BBQ brought with them a pig. Now I will tell you that I am a Texan through and through I love meat just as much as the next girl, but I have to be honest and say after this I will never look at pork the same.

I have never seen a whole roasted pig in my life!

I made this great and very easy 7 layer dip to take:
You can get the recipe here!


The rest of the weekend we just hung out. I had a terrible migraine strike late Saturday night, so I spent Sunday recovering. :( I did help Hunter do some yard work and while we were outside, Dewey was a bad, bad boy. He gets really anxious when we leave him inside alone and he can hear us outside. We usually have to lock him up in his crate to prevent him from destroying anything to get back at us. Well, I forgot to lock him up and this was the result...
We just replaced this trim from a previous Dewey incident and he went and scratched it up again. I don't know what we are going to do with him! I should have known something was up because this is where I found him...


in his bed, he knew he was in trouble!


Love All,


No comments:

Post a Comment