Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Potato Salad and dog sitting

For the last few functions that I have been to I have made this potato salad. Yummy!

I get so many compliments that I thought I would share the recipe with you! Don't you feel sooo lucky? ha! It's a really simple recipe that I got from the May 2010 Southern Living. They call it "Picnic Potato Salad". Here it is for your enjoyment:

You need:
4 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes
3 hard cooked eggs, peeled and grated
1 cup mayonnaise (yes, it MUST be the real stuff!)
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

I have a slightly different way of cooking the potatoes than Southern Living.
I peel all the potatoes and chop them into bite size pieces. Then I cook the potatoes in boiling water for about 15-20 minutes or until tender. Then drain and cool the potatoes for 20 minutes.
Once the potatoes are warm to the touch and not hot, combine the potatoes and eggs.
Stir together the mayonnaise and next 7 ingredients; gently stir into potato mixture. I cover and let it chill overnight. Voila! Now that's good eatin'!

Sidenote: We are down to a few days left of our dog sitting days. T minus 4 days. I do love the dogs, but three weeks has been a LONG time! ha!





Love All,


No comments:

Post a Comment