Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Obsessed


So last night I was channel surfing and I stopped on a show on A&E called Obsessed. It's all about people with really bad OCD. One of the ladies on the show last night had an obsession with germs. She couldn't stand for her house to be dirty and cleaned like twelve times a day, bless her! She was so afraid of going into public restrooms that it made her panic. I felt really bad for her but the therapist did some things and really helped her. The next person on the show was a younger guy, he was probably in his late twenties. He was obsessed with turning things off. Whoa, wait a minute, that sounds like me. Although his OCD was to the very extreme, the way that I related to some of the things he was doing really worries me. Ha! He had to "check" everything before he went to bed to make sure that it was all turned off. I do that. I only do it once, sometimes twice. He did it like thirty times! So I am not that bad. Denial, I know. I have been known to drive home to make sure that I turned the iron off or closed the garage door, but I don't loose sleep over it. Not yet anyways. I had heard before that "checking" things was a form of OCD but I don't think that it gets in the way of my life to where I can't function. I have let you in on a little secret of mine, apparently I have a form of OCD, but who doesn't right?
Love All,

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that show so much! I think we all have a little bit of OCD in us : )

    ReplyDelete