Monday, June 28, 2010
1. That my in-laws have a safe trip abroad
2. For my dear friend who just found out that she is expecting, I pray that she has a healthy pregnancy.
3. For the health of all of my friends and family.
4. For a friend's father who is having serious health problems
5. For a friend who is going through a terrible divorce.
These are just a few...thanks for praying with me :)
Friday, June 25, 2010
1. Do you know how to play a musical instrument?
Not one. I wish I could play the piano. I actually thought about taking piano lessons not too long ago. I think that would be fun!
2. What is your pet peeve while driving?
I do not text and drive and I really do not like when people text and drive while I am the passenger, it makes me really nervous!
3. Would you rather have a housekeeper or unlimited spa services?
Didn't even have to think about that...definitely unlimited spa services! That would be my dream come true.
4. Is there a song that you hear that will take you back to the moment, like a junior high or high school dance?
"Earl had to Die" by the Dixie Chicks! When I hear that it's like a time warp right back to 10th grade!
5. What song best represents your life right now?
It would probably be "Chicken Fried" because that song reminds me of summer and hangin out. And honestly I don't have too much to complain about right now!
P.S. I played in my first golf tournament yesterday with one of my mom's good friends. It was a blast!
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Monday, June 21, 2010
Monday, June 14, 2010
P.S. I have been watching my calories again which means cutting way back. I treated myself to Starbucks this weekend. Oh how I've missed you, Grande Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte!
Friday, June 11, 2010
I love it because it is simple. Here is a picture of the set with an accent plate.
1. What do you think makes a good friend, or friendship?
I think a truly good friend is someone that you can do absolutely nothing with and still have the best time in the world. I am so lucky to have a friend like that!
2. What is the last thing you bought & later regretted?
This is a good one. I am always buying stuff, I am getting better at not buying things that I don't need though :) The only things that I regret buying are the things that I spend a lot of money on and don't use. I would say that I regret buying our juicer because I don't use it, but I didn't buy it, it was a wedding gift. Ha!
3. Have you ever had a prank played on you?
Honestly I don't think I have other than the normal teenager hoopla of toilet papering each other's houses.
4. What is your favorite theme park?
I haven't been to a theme park in years. My parents took us to Seaworld when we were little and I thought that was awesome.
5. Have you ever seen someone else give birth?
Ummmm...no. And I never will. I don't think I could handle that without passing out. Ha!
Thursday, June 10, 2010
This stuff is really good, and it has less calories than most wheat pastas! I still try to limit how much I eat pasta, but now I don't feel as bad! ha!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Anyways...I saw this great idea in Southern Living:
If you have read my blog since the beginning then you know that I love to cook, but I am fairly new to it. I don't know a ton about cooking, but one thing that I have discovered is that I prefer fresh herbs over dried any day of the week. My problem is that I buy a bundle of fresh herbs and end up having to toss half of it because I don't use it up by the time it goes bad. Soooo...I am going to use a big huge pot that I have in my garage and plant different herbs in it. Cool right? I thought that I could put it on our back porch by the door, so all i have to do is open the door to fresh herbs! I think I will do parsley, Rosemary, and basil. Any other ideas or suggestions?
Friday, June 4, 2010
1. Pay for a soldier's meal if I see them in a restaurant
2. Volunteer at the horse ranch near my house that specializes in horse therapy
3. Make a whole meal, dessert included, for a friend and drop it off at their house just because
4. Volunteer to read to kids at the children's hospital
5. Hang out with the people in retirement homes, I always thought that would be fun to hear their stories because you know they have a lot of them!
6. Send flowers to someone just because
These are just a few things that I could think of off the top of my head! Maybe I will have accomplished some of them by the end of this year!
1. If you could go back to college would you change your major? Or, if you were to go to college right now...what major would you choose?
That is a really good question. I originally started school with the intention to be a teacher. Somewhere along the line I changed my mind, but it was a little late in the game to completely change my major without having to start over. Sooo, I have a degree in Child Development. Which makes no sense with the career path that I have chosen. I wouldn't change my major just for the pure fact that I LOVE kids and learning about why they do what they do, but if I could enroll in school today and get another degree I would probably go with Hospitality or Business.
2. What do you love most about your home?
Ummm...considering that I am selling mine right now and I don't really considerate to be "mine" anymore. In the three years that we spent together I guess I would have to say that I love the garden tub in the Master Bathroom.
3. What types of books do you like to read (if you like to read at all)?
I LOVE to read when I find the time. I will really read anything. I love all Nicholas Sparks books and of course my favorite is the Twilight series. Right now I am reading Water for Elephants and it's really good.
4. What is the grossest thing you've ever eaten?
I will try anything at least once. I have tried snails, it was ok, not terribly gross but probably not something that I would order again.
5. If you HAD to be a character on a TV show, whom would you be?
Oh my, you know how addicted to TV I am. This is a good one, do I have to pick just one? Out of all of the shows that I watch I would probably be Bree or Gabby on Desperate Housewives.
That's it for the questions, so see ya again with another 5 next Friday!
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
We went to the Colonial. It was a lot of fun. It was HOT. I died again, but I came back to life just in time for Pappacitos on the way home.
And yesterday I caught up on housework and laundry. I also watched Dear John which is now on my top ten list!
Have a great Day!