Monday, February 22, 2010

A Walk in the Park

So yesterday started out really rainy. There is nothing that makes me feel more lazy than a rainy Sunday. Luckily for me the clouds parted and it turned out to be a really nice afternoon. We decided to take Dewey to the park by our house because he has been having "social" issues. Yes, I just said that my sweet little puppy has social issues. He seems to do well with other dogs but he is terrified of people. We talked to the vet about this a while back but she told us to just keep taking him around people and he would eventually get used to it. So yesterday being such a nice day, and we haven't had one of those in a while, we decided that there would probably be a lot of people at the park. So off we went.

We had so much snow a couple of weeks ago that it is still melting and draining off. This is usually not running this hard. It was really pretty though.

My little Dewey started out really scared of everything he saw. This is us on a bridge and as you can see he is trying to back away from me. He was watching a family on their bikes coming up behind me. He is soooo scared of bikes and skate boards. I feel so bad for him sometimes.

He did much better as we kept on walking down the path. He didn't even try to get away when bikes passed us at the end of our walk. I think that a few more crowded days at the park will really be good for Dewey.

Have a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment