Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A New Day

You are not going to believe me when I tell you where I was yesterday. But you are going to just have to trust me. My uncle Bob lost his two year battle with cancer last Friday night. My mom called me while I was at the birthday party for my friend we lost last week. He planned a big celebration for his 30th birthday-so we went anyway and celebrated for him.

So yesterday we packed up the car and made the two hour journey to Centerville, TX to be at Uncle Bob's funeral. I know, I know, I have been to two funerals in two weeks. I'm tired. The thing that made me really sad was to see my aunt. She was being so strong yesterday but I know that her heart has been ripped in two. She lost her soul mate and she was able to smile that sweet smile when she saw us come in. How hard that must have been for her to smile, but she did. I hate to question why things happen that way they do, I know that we are supposed to accept it as part of the Plan, but it's hard sometimes to not just say "why"? It's hard to let go of things we know and love. But we do, and we move on, and the sun still shines. It's a new day.


You will be missed Uncle Bob. We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment