Tuesday, January 12, 2010

the root of the problem

Let me preface this post by saying that in general I think that I am a pretty tough cookie. I can handle pain, I actually have a pretty high tolerance for pain. I blew out my knee when I was in high school and never shed a tear. When my now husband an I were dating we were working out at the gym and I hit my head on one of the machines, HARD, and wasn't even dazed. But make me go to the dentist, and I turn in to the biggest weenie ever. There is just something about messing with my teeth that makes me want to throw up.
I have had this toothache on and off for a while now. I finally went to the dentist Friday when I woke up in serious pain and my cheek was swollen. I'm thinking that they will give my antibiotics and send me on my way. Oh no, it can never be that easy. The dentist told me that I needed a root canal, I almost cried. What a way to start off the new year, right? I was literally holding back the tears sitting in the dentist office. I'm such a baby. So long story short, I had to "put my big girl panties on" and do what I needed to do. I had my first root canal yesterday and I survived! It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was actually no worse than getting a filling. My husband was so proud of me, he actually thought that I was going to cancel the appointment, silly him! I'm actually in more pain today from being sore than I was during!

No comments:

Post a Comment