Thursday, December 10, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside

There is something about crisp cold air that makes me crave...COOKIES! I know weird right? Most people want chili or soup, but not me. Bring me cookies baby! And my favorite kind of cookie is good 'ol chocolate chip. I found this great recipe on Tasty Kitchen that I have been making non stop. I almost know it by heart, almost. It it a perfect blend of melty chocolate and moist goodness. It makes my mouth water thinking about them. So for your pleasure here is the recipe...I will warn you that these will make you do a song and dance right in your kitchen!





The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!

½ cups Shortening
¼ cups Sugar
½ cups Brown Sugar
½ teaspoons Vanilla
1 whole Egg
1 cup All-purpose Flour
2 Tablespoons All-purpose Flour
½ teaspoons Salt
½ teaspoons Baking Soda
6 ounces, fluid Chocolate Chips

Cream shortening, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until well mixed. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture slowly while mixer is on a low speed. Add egg. Make sure it is well mixed. You can put it on a higher speed to make sure it is mixed. Just keep it on low while you are adding the dry ingredients! You can either fold in the chocolate chips or put them in and turn the mixer on a low speed to mix in.
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 8 minutes on greased cookie sheet. Enjoy, and trust me, you will!

No comments:

Post a Comment