Friday, October 9, 2009

Show Us Your Life- Go Mean Green!

This week's Show Us Your Life post is favorite sports teams. Although I am not a huge sports fan, I did have the best time tailgating in college. So I will post pictures of my Alma Mater, the University of North Texas. While I was a student there, the football team was not really up to par (I don't know if they ever won a game). That being said, it made it hard to get excited about the actual football games, but the tailgating, oh my...it was great. A close guy friend, my now husband, drove a pick-up truck. He and his friend got this great idea to turn the toolbox on the back of his truck into a cooler. They put a drainage system on it and everything. So every home game they would empty the toolbox out and fill it with ice and beer and go tailgating. It was the most genius thing I had ever seen. Thus began our romance....haha! Just Kidding. So they brought the beer and I always mae sure there was enough food/snacks for everyone! Good times! Go Mean Green!


Like I said, I have never been a huge sports fan but there is something about football that I love. Maybe it's the tailgating, maybe its the crisp cool air, maybe its the good food and friends. I love the socializing part of sports. Getting together to watch the big game, that is always appealing to me! I had never been a big fan of the Dallas Cowboys, so when I moved North from my hometown in highschool I didn't understand what the big deal was . Living here gave me a different perspective. Cowboys fans do not take it lightly, it's almost infectious. So since this is a post about football I feel obligated to send a shout out to the boys....Go Cowboys!

2 comments:

  1. lots of texas fans on here! I have always like the Cowboys, my dad is a huge fan, and their new stadium is unreal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to your blog from Kelly's Korner.... just had to take the time to say GO MEAN GREEN!! My husband went back to school this year & is a student at UNT. We haven't been able to make it to a game yet. Maybe we should just stay in the parking lot? ;) Yay Eagles!

    ReplyDelete