Monday, October 19, 2009

5K Success!

This weekend was a good one. My first big event for work we VERY well! Let me tell you...I did not know how much went on behind the scene to put on a 5K race. I definitely know now! It was a lot of work but worth it. I want to shout out to all of my volunteers that got up before the crack of dawn to help me, especially the husband who I dragged out of bed at 4 AM! Here are a few pics from the event....
This was the FUN RUN starting line for the kids.
There was another big 5K race in the area on Saturday. If I didn't have my own to host I would have been at it. It was a big race for the Susan G. Komen foundation. There were 30,000 people there! I want to congratulate my mom for completing her first 5K race and for a wonderful cause! Here's to many more Mom!
You can probably guess that I spent the rest of the weekend on my couch! ha! I hope everyone has a spectacular week!

No comments:

Post a Comment