Friday, September 25, 2009

Show Us Your Life- Favorite Dessert

This week's Show Us Your Life edition was hard. I LOVE LOVE all things sweet. I have to keep the monster locked up inside of me because if I let it loose, I will go crazy eating anything sweet that I can get my hands on. I decided to share a recipe that I made not too long ago for banana bread. It has many different faces, it can be a dessert or breakfast or just a snack. So here it is...

Go Bananas Bread!

What you need:
2 sticks butter (the real stuff)
1/2 cups sugar, plus 2 tablespoons sugar (yes, it makes a difference!)
3 eggs
4 mashed bananas (must be ripe or a little overripe)
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease bundt pan, you can use regular loaf pans in you prefer
Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time, beating for a few seconds after each addition. Add mashed bananas and beat.Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
Add dry ingredients and sour cream alternately to the mixing bowl. Beat well until all combined.
Pour into bundt pan and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Invert on a cooling rack and allow cake to cool slightly before slicing.
Now slap a little (or a lot) of butter on and enjoy!

Beware: You can't eat just one piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment