Monday, September 14, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

*UPDATE* A long-time friend of mine is having her baby today! Please keep her and her family in your prayers for a safe delivery!

It has been raining here for almost four days straight. I am not one to complain about rain, I usually love rainy days but not when they interfere with my weekend. It rained all day Saturday and Sunday so I used this weekend to catch up on some things that I have been wanting to do around the house. I did some cooking too! I made chocolate chip cookies, you can't be stuck in the house all weekend without chocolate chip cookies! And since we were going to be stuck in the house all weekend I needed something for snacking so I whipped up some Guac! Saturday night I made a chicken recipe from The Pioneer Woman that won my heart. Sunday night I decided to get creative with some zucchini that I had laying around and I made "Zucchini Boats".
Aside from the rain it was a pretty good weekend. I organized a closet and my desk, which I never thought I would see the bottom of. And last night was a TV event at my house! It was the season finale of True Blood which was a heart stopper. The MTV VMA awards were also on where I got to see the new New Moon trailer, I died. Then I came back to life and watched it again. I can't WAIT until New Moon comes out!

Zucchini Boats

What you need:
1 zucchini cut in 1/2 long ways
1/2 lb. of lean ground beef (you can also use pork or chicken)
1/2 large onion, chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
1 Tbsp. virgin olive oil
1 can of tomato sauce
1 Tbsp. dried basil
1 Tbsp. dried Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp. oregano
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese

Saute chopped onions and garlic in olive oil. Add meat to onion mixture and cook at medium high heat until brown. Drain. Add tomato sauce, basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes. While you are cooking your meat and sauce mixture, cut zucchini in half long ways. Spoon out inside of zucchini leaving enough of the"insides" on the bottom so you do not see the peel. Lay each half facing up on a cookie sheet. Spoon meat/sauce mixture into the zucchini halves. Cook at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Take out of oven and top with Parmesan cheese, cook for about 3 more minutes. When cheese is bubbly take out of the oven and Voila! I served to boats with spaghetti pasta with a little butter and garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment