Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Photography Post!

I love taking pictures. I shoot with a Nikon D60. I love it. I’m not brilliant at it yet, I am not a professional by any means, I am mostly self-taught. That’s why I would like to share what I do know because if I can do it, then anyone can do it!
My husband bought me my first Digital SLR camera for Christmas 2008 and it changed my life. Soon after, I took a 6 week course for beginner photographers with my mom at a local college. I learned a lot in that short period of time. The first thing that we discussed in class was the different settings. I still don’t have them all down, it’s a work in progress. I keep my setting on M (Manual) for the most part, and that is what I recommend to you. To get to the Manual setting just turn the dial on the top of your camera to the M. It’s pretty much the same on all cameras. When you have your setting on manual you control everything. I also keep my lens on manual, this means that I control the focus. To change the focus from Auto to Manual on your lens, just switch the button on the bottom of the lens from the A to the M. If you look at the picture below you can see at the very bottom right-hand corner where I am talking about. It can be difficult at first but I got the hang of it pretty quickly. I have learned the most by just taking my camera with me everywhere and shooting until my heart is content. In fact that is going to be my first official photography tip, turn your setting to manual go out today and take as many pictures as you can from as many different angles as you can possibly fajangle your body into, but please don’t hurt yourself. I’m not kidding…I’m sure you will come back with over 200 pictures and a sore rib or two. Report back here for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment