Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I Heart Three Day Weekends

It was a good three days off. A night out with the girls on Saturday, Labor Day Party on Sunday, and a day to rest on Monday. Notice I did not mention Friday. Friday was a disaster. Well it actually started on Thursday night when I went to get my hair done. My "regular" girl is out on maternity leave so she left me in the hands of her friend who she promised would take care of me...promise broken. All I was getting done was partial highlights and a bang trim. Disaster. I didn't have her style it because I was just going straight home, so I didn't really notice anything was wrong until the next morning. As I was drying my hair I noticed that my bangs were a little uneven then it got worse. At first I just thought no big deal I will just wear them back. When I put then back I realized that there was a black line across. It looked like I needed to get my roots done, not like I just got them done! I was so embarrassed. Luckily I called an old friend that started working at a salon near by. She definitely fixed me up and I thank her dearly for that, she just got a new customer out of me.
The rest of the weekend went well. Good friends, good food, and good drinks! I did cook a lot for the party so naturally I have a few injuries, a couple of burns and a sliced finger, but nothing to major! My mom made a great appetizer, no pictures, but here is the recipe...

Party Pinwheels

What you need:
2 cans of crescent rolls
1 lb. Breakfast sausage
8 oz. cream cheese
green onions, chopped (however many your little heart desires)

First brown the sausage and drain the grease. Mix sausage, cream cheese, and green onions until well blended. Open the crescent rolls and roll out flat, you will have 4 squares. Spread the sausage mixture onto the crescent rolls. You will use about 1/4 of the mixture on each square. Roll the crescent rolls up and cut into pinwheels. Lay out the pinwheels on a greased cookie sheet and bake according to the directions on the crescent rolls can. Enjoy! Be careful because they are addicting!

No comments:

Post a Comment