Thursday, September 17, 2009

Flu Shot

I have only had one Flu shot in my life. This year I decided to put my big girl panties on and get one at the urging of a few friends at work. Our regional office organized a day to have the Flu shot come to us, so we really had no excuse and with all of the H1N1 hype, I figured that I better get the regular flu shot to lessen my chances of getting sick. If you know me then you know that I DO NOT do blood/needles/or pretty much anything that has to do with anything medical. I hate going to the doctor, I hate getting shots, I literally go weak in the knees. Call me a baby...go ahead...but it's true. So getting me to the regional office today to get my shot was a miracle. A co-worker did take a picture of us getting our shots so there is proof :)
On a lighter note, I had WINE night with an old friend last night. It was great getting to see her and her kids. I worked at a pre-school for three years in college and her little boy was in my class from the time that he was 4 months old until I left. Then he was the ring bearer in my wedding, I just love that kid.

Isn't he a cutie? He just turned six and that blows my mind. He is such a big boy and he can read! We had a good time talking about old stories. She is one of those friends that we can not talk for a year and pick up right where we left off. I love friends like that!

"True friendship is sitting together in silence and feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had."

No comments:

Post a Comment